Burnout Paradise v1.2 Races In On April 24
Back in March, Criterion promised everyone that Burnout Paradise v1.2 (codenamed "Bogart") was in development, and they're true to their word. This major update is coming up very soon, as it will hit the PlayStation Store and the Xbox Live Marketplace on April 24. Perhaps best of all, this bad boy is free.
v1.2 will boast a whole slew of fixes and enhancements, and because we're most excited about the latter, we're providing the list right here for ya-
Game Experience Enhancements
- We're going to be running road rule timers in all events and online challenges.
- Tuning Online Takedown logic & physical behaviour to iron out instances where it doesn't feel fair.
- Increase online race timer timeout so players have a greater chance of finishing the race.
- Fix drifting bug when drifting and boosting there wasn't any real control on the brake so players would grind around the walls of the corners. Getting better control.
- Boost fix, stabbing the boost has too much of a jerky behaviour in the car handling.
- Surround sound fix - Centre speaker was 4dB louder, ruining the mix and the speech has now been positioned correctly.
- Tweak Marked Man gameplay AI, was easy to exploit by driving in reverse.
- Increase the # of search results returned for online games.
- Increase Picture Paradise timer so it doesn't kick in so quickly.
Furthermore, according to the game's official site, "The Top 10 problems reported by you have been fixed" and "other high priority issues" will be fixed as well. If you want the entire update details, check 'em out here!
Related Game(s): Burnout Paradise
4/8/2008 Ben Dutka