EA/Take-Two News On Monday
Grand Theft Auto IV is out and Take-Two is basking in the glow of its immense sales success. Therefore, is it any surprise that Electronic Arts is just itching to complete the takeover they propositioned earlier this year?
Well, according to the VideoGaming247 blog, Lazard Capital analyst Colin Sebastian has said that news on EA's proposed buyout of Take-Two can be expected on Monday. We've been waiting and waiting and waiting; Take-Two played the waiting game on the way to releasing GTAIV, EA has been waiting for the publisher to cave, and the gamers have been waiting for an end to this whole situation.
“Expect update on TTWO bid by Monday morning,” said Sebastian in an investor note. “We continue to believe that the current offer of $25.74 per share would be accretive to earnings for Electronic Arts, as well as fill several meaningful product gaps.”
If this is true and the deal goes through, expect the Internet to explode early next week. Some will maintain that this is bad news for the esteemed GTA franchise, but we say it won't hinder the series at all...provided they let Rockstar do what they wanna do with GTAV. So long as EA keeps their noses out of the development process and simply slaps their label on the final product, we don't have a problem. We just want another excellent game, right? Stay tuned; Monday could be the day that Take-Two finally agrees to come underneath EA's very large umbrella.
5/14/2008 Ben Dutka