Sony Issues Killzone 2 Fact Sheet
Killzone 2 may not be arriving until February 2009, but that doesn't mean we can't be excited. Sony has released a Fact Sheet for the game, in which they touch on several pieces of information that make us salivate...almost literally.
Take a gander at the following set of details:
- Experience realistic, highly atmospheric environments that respond dynamically to the violent conditions on the planet Helghan.
- Witness the devastating effects of Helghan’s climate as it forces you and your enemies to adapt to new tactics.
- Control an arsenal of new and unique weapons and vehicles, in addition to trusty Killzone classics like the M82-G and the StA-52 LA.
- Face off against fearsome enemies who have learned to wield the hostility of Helghan itself against their opponents.
- Between Killzone 2’s unique visual style, the power of PS3, the use of EDGE tools, and the proprietary technology developed by Guerrilla, the game promises to impress players with its benchmark visuals, smooth character animation, detailed, effect-laden environments, and realtime cutscenes.
- Experience a beautifully lit world brought to life by deferred rendering technology. Multiple shadows casting light sources bring out the highly detailed environments and character animations.
- With true next-gen audio the player is further immersed in the world, supporting 7.1 surround and location-specific audio with wave tracing. Players will not only notice the difference between indoor and outdoor but also experience sound and music that are dynamic and contextual.
- Studio grade special effects will provide unprecedented visual fidelity. With full screen anti-aliasing, motion blur, internal lens reflections, and depth-based color grading, players will experience a picture that is sharp, smooth, and full of detail.
And here's a snippet of description from the same sheet, which contains some basic info and knowledge, all of which are designed to keep you psyched for Guerilla's massively ambitious project-
"Throughout the campaign, players will encounter lifelike and adaptable artificial intelligence (A.I.) from enemies as well as fellow soldiers, destructible environments, and stunningly detailed scenery. Additionally, players will be tasked with utilizing a host of new weapons and vehicles in the war to stop the Helghast. Featuring an extensive single-player campaign and thrilling multi-player mode, Killzone 2 delivers a host of new gameplay elements and an intense storyline that will once again drive gamers to join the ranks of the ISA and fight the Helghast…this time on the enemy’s home planet."
Related Game(s): Killzone 2
5/20/2008 Ben Dutka