NPD June 08: Metal Gear Solid 4 Dominates Game Sales
Guitar Hero On Tour for the Nintendo DS was the second best seller, taking in 422k games sold. And The Xbox 360's Ninja Gaiden II tied with Wii Fit, both taking nearly 373k a piece. Electronic Arts' Battlefield made a big splash for the Microsoft console, raking in 347k games sold. And the PS2 version of Lego Indiana Jones rounds out what is, otherwise, a Nintendo chart.
1*. PS3 Metal Gear Solid 4, Konami, 774.6K
2. NDS Guitar Hero On Tour, Activision, 422.3K
3. 360 Ninja Gaiden II, Microsoft, 372.7K
4. Wii Fit with Balance Board, NOA, 372.7K
5. Wii Play with Remote, NOA, 359.1K
6. 360 Battlefield: Bad Company, EA, 346.8K
7. Wii Mario Kart with Wheel, NOA, 322.4K
8. Wii LEGO Indiana Jones, LucasArts, 294.5K
9. NDS LEGO Indiana Jones, LucasArts, 267.8K
10. PS2 LEGO Indiana Jones, LucasArts, 260.3K
*It's worth noting that the number of 775k copies only includes individual copies sold - with the MGS4 PS3 bundle, nearly 1 million American PS3 owners have a copy of MGS4.
7/17/2008 Arnold Katayev