Wipeout HD Officially Dated, Priced
As we rub our hands together with childish - and a touch of evil; we don't know why - glee, let us all remind you that Wipeout HD is a pretty damn big release. And the best news is this: Sony has officially revealed the date and price for the U.S.!
SCEA producer Daimion Pinnock made the announcement over at the official PlayStation blog, and we really couldn't be happier. The hotly anticipated futuristic racer will release on the PlayStation Store on September 25 for the price of $19.99. Earlier, we had heard from another SCEA rep that the game would be coming "soon" and at a "bargain" price, and after seeing this information, we're inclined to agree. Pinnock also provided us with the full details of what to expect with this game:
- Full HD Visuals
- 5 Game Modes - Single Race, Tournament, Time Trial, Speed Lap and Zone Mode
- Online play that supports up to 8 racers competing on a track at a time
- 2-player split screen (horizontally and vertically) offline
- 8 reversible tracks and 12 teams
- Optional use of SIXAXIS motion controls to steer your ship
- A great soundtrack remixed in Dolby 5.1 AND the option for custom playlists that allow you to race to whatever playlists you have on your HDD.
- And more, including Trophy support, which well outline for you in a future post - so keep your eyes peeled.
Sweeeeet. We can't wait to give this one a try; in all honesty, we've been waiting all year for Wipeout HD. It ran into problems when it failed epilepsy testing, but clearly, the team has made the appropriate fixes and the game is clear for launch. You only need one reason to log on to the Store on the 25th, and it's right here.
Related Game(s): Wipeout HD
9/15/2008 Ben Dutka