Far Cry 2 Multiplayer Classes Revealed
It's another big week for game releases - although it would've been bigger had LittleBigPlanet stayed on track - and if you want to learn a bit more about Far Cry 2, check this out:
There's no doubt that multiplayer gameplay is the main draw of most every FPS created these days, and it'll be no different with this highly anticipated sequel. And this time around, you will choose one of six classes when you go online; you will also select a primary weapon (specific to the class, of course) and even carry a few explosives. The more you play, the more experience you will gain, which will then allow you to upgrade both your favorite weapons and classes! According to the game's official site, the six multiplayer classes are:
- Commando - Mid-range assault class. Effective at fire-and-movement tactics.
- Sharpshooter - Long-range specialist. Armed with highly accurate weapons.
- Guerrilla - Short-range class. Specializes in close combat and ambush tactics.
- Rebel - Specialist in explosives and fire. Strong on offense or defense.
- Gunner - Heavy firepower specialist. Highly effective from static firing positions.
- Saboteur - Equipped with silenced weapons. Specializes in stealth tactics.
If you've had a chance to play the Resistance 2 beta, you're aware of the classes there, too; this is becoming a common feature in multiplayer games these days. Far Cry 2 is scheduled to ship to stores today, so if your reserved copy isn't there yet, it should be there tomorrow. You did reserve it to get all those free missions to play, didn't you?
Related Game(s): Far Cry 2
10/21/2008 Ben Dutka