Confrontation Update 1.20 Today
Despite the initial negative feedback, we maintain that SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation is one of the better multiplayer experiences to be had, and that belief becomes more valid with every passing update. Here's another one, as announced over at the official forums for the game.
Update 1.20 will release today at 12:00 GMT/UTC (8 a.m. EDT, 5 a.m. PDT, 1 p.m. BST, 9 p.m. JST), and it will fix many of the more significant issues that gamers are still experiencing. The list of updates looks like this:
- Fixed many issues which would cause the game to crash, hang, disconnect and exit to the PS3 XMB.
- Fixed an issue which would cause large numbers of players in a high player count game to be simultaneously disconnected.
- Fixed an issue which would cause players to be invincible.
- Fixed a physics issue which would cause players to occasionally "warp" around on the map.
- Fixed an issue where a "corrupt save data" message would be incorrectly displayed after updating the game.
- Fixed some player model issues related to team swapping.
- Client/server optimization.
- Fixed an issue where the scope camera had an incorrect offset from the barrel of the gun while prone or leaning/peeking."
Much thanks to the team who has remained diligent in attacking the prevailing problems, and we expect a consistent upkeep from here on out. If you're looking for a great online multiplayer experience and are confident that Sony can keep the Network issues to a minimum, than we have to recommend SOCOM. And remember, that new Bluetooth headset is a very sweet accessory, and eons better than the one that came with Warhawk last year.
Related Game(s): SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation
10/28/2008 John Shepard