General Wii Details
Come mid-November, gamers everywhere may be facing a choice: the PS3 or Wii. And while it will all come down to available software as it always does, it can't hurt to have some added tibdits of info. GoNintendo has listed up a pretty intriguing set of Wii details you may not have been aware of.
General Wii Stuff
- CNN has signed up with Nintendo as the provider of news content on tne News Channel in American and Japan. News will be presented by category, but another way of getting to it is by spinning the weather globe to find stories in different countries.
- Sega has moved a significant number of development staff from PS3 to Wii over the Summer.
- Although Nintendo has removed DVD movie playback from the Wii, it plans to launch in Japan next year an enhanced Wii capable of such a feature.
- Nintendo intended to bring Wii to shop shelves in the UK and US for £150 and $200, but became influenced by pressure from the larger retail chains, which raised concerns over margins and low so-called ‘basket value’ (ie, the amount of revenue generated from a customer’s overall purchases at the till).
- There are plenty of Wii Channel slots remaining to be filled.
- Edge says that Wii Sports will be to Wii what Mario 64 was to the N64. Says golf has the best single player mode (no surprise) and boxing is their favourite overall.
10/30/2006 Ben Dutka