Pre-Order Darksiders, Get Exclusive Bonus Content
There's a definite action battle taking place early next year and in my opinion, it's not getting anywhere near enough attention.
Most of you know that Bayonetta launches on January 5 but not enough of you action aficionados realize you may have to make a difficult choice on that day: THQ's Darksiders also launches on the 5th, and based on what we've seen thus far, it could be one of the bloodiest, most entertaining games of the generation. While Bayonetta features slick, super-fast action combos (most reminiscent of Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry), Darksiders looks more like Gears of War...only with swords and other massive instruments of pain and torture. And now, we've learned of some bad-ass extras: anyone who wishes to pre-order the game at GameStop will get an exclusive 100-page Guide to the Underworld, which includes:
- Graphic Novel vision of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
- Concept Art - Exclusive in-depth look at the creation of the epic Darksiders
- Exclusive Fold Out Poster - Original concept art created by Joe Madureira
- Weapons Feature - Master the weapons of Darksiders with this exclusive guide
- The Harvester - Code to unlock GameStop exclusive in-game weapon
That Harvester just sounds plain nasty; even the explanation in the press release made me cringe: they say it's a crazy powerful weapon "that can cleave through flesh, bone, and most importantly - the demons of Hell." Talk about a guilty pleasure... We have high hopes for Darksiders and we'll definitely be playing the two action games in question for very different reasons.
Related Game(s): Darksiders
11/24/2009 8:59:49 PM Ben Dutka