Red Faction: Armageddon Detailed
Last year's Red Faction: Guerrilla was one of the best action/adventure experiences of the generation, so our expectations are high for the follow-up.
It will be known as Red Faction: Armageddon and not only will it boast many of the features that made its predecessor such a big hit with gamers, it will also be a direct sequel. According to fresh details, the main character will be Darius Mason, the grandson of Guerrilla predecessor Alec Mason and Mars faces a brand new threat: after the planet's new Terraformer breaks down, the colonists are forced to move underground to escape the barren wasteland. Mason is forced to become a miner/scavenger and on one of his trips to the surface to scrounge up some essentials, he accidentally releases a "long-dormant evil" that is, unsurprisingly, alien in nature. The rest of the features are as follows:
- Hell on Mars - Darius Mason can only watch as the surface of Mars is destroyed. Seeking solace underground, an even greater threat emerges against humanity.
- Nano Forge - Unleash the devastating force of the Nano Forge with concussive blasts, core-shattering tremblers, and bone-crushing rhino charges.
- Extermination Mode - Four players can team up online to battle back the relentless tide of attackers as the mysteries of the ancient threat continue to unfold.
- Full Destruction - Tear down separatist outposts, rip apart alien monoliths, and reconstruct colonist defenses with Geo Mod 2.0, the most advanced real-time destruction engine to date.
- Fight for Survival - Free colonists from alien cocoons, reclaim cultist fortifications on the surface, and hunt for artifacts deep within alien hives to create unthinkable advanced weaponry.
Gotta love that GeoMod technology, huh? Red Faction: Armageddon is slated to hit the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC next March. If you missed out on Guerrilla and love the idea of Grand Theft Auto on a foreign planet with a ton of environmental destructibility, you'll have yourself a ball.
Related Game(s): Red Faction: Armageddon
6/6/2010 8:50:08 PM John Shepard