SCEA Announces Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition
So we got the release date at yesterday's press conference and not long after, we learned that avid fans of the franchise have another reason to drool.
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) has announced the Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition, which will launch right alongside the standard edition on November 2. Featuring a "must-have collection of exclusive items," this is one hell of an appealing package, but as quantities will be limited, you should probably place your pre-order ASAP. For the price of $99.99, you will receive a veritable bevy of goodies, ranging from a diecast car to mount on your entertainment center to DLC. Here's the list:
- Gran Turismo® 5 game
- Exclusive limited edition 1:43 scale diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V with custom Gran Turismo livery designed by Polyphony Digital, produced by well-known collectible car maker Kyosho
- In-depth 300-page car-lover’s guide written by the experts at Polyphony Digital, covering everything from the history of the modern automobile to driving techniques and game reference material
- Custom etched Gran Turismo key chain
- Voucher for five (5) exclusive high-end cars with custom Gran Turismo livery and performance upgrades
- Numbered certificate of authenticity
- Custom collector’s packaging
But wait, where's my t-shirt? Well, okay, I suppose that's enough good stuff, anyway, and for the GT fan, it's probably well worth the price of admission. You can bet publishers will once again go crazy with Collector's/Limited Editions of big games this fall (they did it last year), just 'cuz they're typically big sellers. So, is this one yours at the end of 2010?
Related Game(s): Gran Turismo 5
6/16/2010 10:17:59 AM Ben Dutka