Final Fantasy Versus XIII Details Surface, Unveiling Soon?
It was a no-show at E3 this year but new information is creeping to the surface, and the last update we heard was that we can expect a full unveiling at the Tokyo Game Show this fall.
In the meantime, various pieces of new information have been circulating, much to the appreciation of anxious fans everywhere. An interview with FF producer Tetsuya Nomura in a Japanese gaming publication has been leaked, complete with screenshots and all the relevant highlights. The pics in the magazine are admittedly low-quality but they show the game running in real-time gameplay, and in sharp contrast to the start of Final Fantasy XIII, this one "employs an open field concept." Hence, you can pretty much travel wherever you wish at all times (with a few exceptions). The other details are as follows:
- Enemies will be visible on the field, and while some enemies are wandering around, others will suddenly appear and surprise you.
- Battles are seamless. The only loading in the game will occur when moving between very large areas. They’re aiming for the ultimate in seamlessness.
- Objects along the paths of roads can be destroyed.
- You’ll be able to use a car as promised. You can exit it and move on foot at any time as well.
- Most people will not believe their eyes when they see the high quality of the battles in motion.
This also says we should expect the game to make a big splash at TGS 2010, and the team currently remains very "motivated." Nomura himself may want to unveil Final Fantasy Versus XIII before TGS and as an added bonus, Square-Enix should be bringing currently unannounced titles to the upcoming show as well. For now, we'll be satisfied with what we have...despite our disappointment that it didn't steal everyone's hearts during Sony's E3 press conference.
Related Game(s): Final Fantasy Versus XIII
6/23/2010 10:35:41 AM Ben Dutka