Media Create Japanese Software Sales: Jan 15th-21th
The newest Media Create sales numbers are in for the week of January 15-21. Surprisingly, for the first time in a long time, a Nintendo DS title isn't the best selling game on the chart. In fact, this chart is quite a bit different than usual as it even features an Xbox 360 game on it! The debut top three spots are all first week debuts. Namco-Bandai has released yet another .hack game, and this one soared to the top with close to 137k titles sold. Wario's new Nintendo DS game debuted at #2 with 91k copies paid for. And the long running Sega RPG Shining Force bows onto the PS2 yet again with just over 72k copies sold.
Dragon Quest Monsters is nowhere to be found on even the top 30, largely because it is completely sold out in Japan. And yes, that is Gears of War breaking into the top 10 with 33k copies. But don't expect to see it back on the chart next week -- X360 game sales usually fall close to 70% the following week. For reference, Capcom's Lost Planet debuted with 33k units in Japan, the following week it only sold 9k.
The first number is sales of the week; the following number is the cumulative sales.
1. PS2 Bandai-Namco .hack//G.U. Vol. 3 - 136790 / 136790
2. NDS Nintendo Wario: The Seven - 91249 / 91249
3. PS2 Sega Shining Force EXA - 72306 / 72306
4. WII Nintendo Wii Sports - 57418 / 851535
5. WII Nintendo Wii Play - 45724 / 764813
6. PS2 Flight-Plan Dragon Shadow Spell - 40541 / 40541
7. 360 Microsoft Gears of War - 33212 / 33212
8. NDS Atlus Etrian Odyssey - 32511 / 32511
9. NDS Nintendo Common Knowledge Training - 31735 / 1130647
10. NDS Nintendo More Brain Age - 29626 / 3868279
1/25/2007 Arnold Katayev