Backbreaker Gets Serious Update For Avid Fans
In our view, Backbreaker was one of those "close but not quite" games.
However, it certainly was quite unique and it showed potential for future installments. And now that NaturalMotion has unveiled their new update - an update that actually has a name; "Greathouse" - this is an experience pigskin fans might want to try. This update brings a host of new features to this attempt at revolutionary football, along with a few tweaks and patches. Said Todd Gibbs, Game Development boss at NaturalMotion:
"We are lucky to have such a passionate community who have supported us throughout the development of Backbreaker and continue to do so post-launch. Greathouse will give them what they have asked for, packed as it is with additions, changes, tweaks and requests taken directly from our online forums, reviews, as well as from individual players who spent time at our offices testing the latest features. I am extremely proud of what the team has managed to achieve in just a month."
What does the update include? Well, enough stuff that might actually impact the gameplay directly, and almost make us want to re-review it:
- Brand new replay system with the addition of seven fully functional cameras, including free flight mode and a cinematic ‘ball-lock’ option.
- More than 100 new plays added, including an additional nine formations.
- Improved Quarterback camera view and passing game.
- A user-catch system, giving the player a much greater level of control over the on-field action.
- Interception control, the user is now given full control over interception attempts when controlling a defensive player.
- Comprehensive review of the penalty rulings following an analysis of reported errors.
What actually intrigues us most on that list is the improved quarterback camera view and a new user-catch system. We mentioned in our analysis of the game that the QB's lack of vision at almost all times was a big problem, and being able to actually catch the ball with our intended receiver could help, too. Anyway, with this update, you might want to consider giving Backbreaker a shot.
Related Game(s): Backbreaker
8/2/2010 10:31:48 AM Ben Dutka