Arkham City Gameplay, Story Details
If you're not planning on picking up the next Game Informer, you'll miss out on a big Batman: Arkham City unveiling.
But don't worry, because the info has been steadily leaking onto the Internet; we've got both story and gameplay info. In terms of story, various notes of interest include the fact that Black Gate Prison and Arkham Asylum are unfit to hold inmates, Hugo Strange is in charge of Arkham City, Two-Face is plotting to execute Catwoman to gain some respect, and besides the poison in the Joker's system, there may be something else wrong with him... As for the gameplay:
- You are now able to counter two attacks at once.
- More puzzles.
- All gadgets included in the first game are available from the start.
- Side missions now feature in the game.
- Gangs roam Arkham City, these are recorded in Batman's criminal database.
- You find people who work for Riddler to find Riddler challenges.
- Batman has his smoke bomb.
Sounds good to us. The other element we know about is Rocksteady's toning down of the Detective Mode; they believe it was "overpowered" in Arkham Asylum. Do you agree? Although we have to wait a while - Batman: Arkham City won't be ready until later next year - we're still convinced we'll get another awesome game. Keep the good stuff and add more...nothin' wrong with that.
Related Game(s): Batman: Arkham City
8/10/2010 10:52:21 AM Ben Dutka