Gran Turismo 5 Awarded Best In Show Of GamesCom 2010
GamesCom 2010 is over and while many developers and publishers were on hand to show off their best upcoming projects, one title stood above the rest.
If you don't know, GamesCom releases their list of "Best in Show" winners after every annual event; a jury of press and industry insiders selected by organizers hand out awards in seven different categories. This year's "Best of GamesCom?" It's Gran Turismo 5, the highly anticipated racing simulator from Polyphony Digital, and coming exclusively to the PlayStation 3 on November 2. It also won "Best Console Game," while Sony took home another award for Best Hardware Accessories: PlayStation Move. The full list of winners looks like this:
- Best of Gamescom: Gran Turismo 5 (Sony Computer Entertainment)
- Best Hardware Accessories: PlayStation Move (Sony Computer Entertainment)
- Best Console Game: Gran Turismo 5 (Sony Computer Entertainment)
- Best Handheld/Mobile Game: Super Scribblenauts (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
- Best Online Game: Guild Wars 2 (NCsoft)
- Best PC Game: Crysis 2 (EA/Crytek)
- Best Family Entertainment: Kirby’s Epic Yarn (Nintendo)
Some unbelievable new screens and footage were shown at this year's GamesCom, and GT5 offered some of the most impressive media of the show. Sure, the expectations are sky-high but considering what we've seen, and considering all the information we currently have, it almost seems impossible to assume GT5 won't be the best racing experience of the generation. ...but wait...did they have similar confidence in Daikatana? Never count your chickens and all that.
Related Game(s): Gran Turismo 5
8/20/2010 9:05:31 PM Ben Dutka