Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 Detailed
The first was a solid retro romp that remains one of the better downloadable experiences available.
This is why we're excited about the first details concerning the impending sequel. Capcom has revealed the fact sheet for Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 and the information is quite encouraging. Nathan Spencer and his nifty grappling arm will return and this time, he'll have to face down his most dangerous opponent yet in General Sabio. Developer Fat Shark has improved upon the visuals and environments, and they'll even introduce some all-new mechanics. The highlights are as follows:
- New Weapons (WASP missile launcher and napalm) attacks and enhancements for the all-purpose Bionic Arm (uppercut barrels, grenade launcher, and “Death From Above”).
- New platforming mechanics provides more freedom and challenges. Now the impossible is within your “leap!”
- New physics-based puzzles will take the platforming experience to another level.
- 2-player co-op is back and better than ever.
- Enhanced graphics and better camera functionality.
- All new musical score inspired by NES-era sound effects, produced by the same creative mind behind the original Bionic Commando Rearmed soundtrack.
- Cut-scene art designed by cutting-edge art studio Massive Black, whose previously worked on Infamous, Bioshock 2 and,God of War III.
We don't have a final release date yet, but it should be ready to go early next year. Rearmed 2 should be high on your must-have digital download list; the full 3D Bionic Commando didn't turn out too well, so we'll stick with the old-school style.
Related Game(s): Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
8/24/2010 12:27:36 PM Ben Dutka