Media Create Japanese Software Sales: Jan 22nd-28th
The software chart continues to be topsy-turvy as games drop,
debut and re-appear. The chart ranging Jan 22 - 28 sees quite a
bit of change. If you recall, Dragon Quest Monsters wasn't on the
top 10 last week because the game was sold out across the
country. Well it's back on this week's chart with over 100k sold.
The game has quickly surpassed the 1-million mark for
Square-Enix, too. The big ticket for the week is Grand Theft
Auto: San Andreas. Yes, the US and most PAL regions have had this
for years now, but in Japan it just launched. See, even the
Japanese have to wait for some pretty amazing content. Moreover,
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl have at last left the top 10 after
endless weeks and millions of copies sold.
Namco-Bandai newest .hack game has fallen off from the #1 spot to somewhere in the 20s, as predicted, as did Gears of War for the X360. The most notable thing about this week's chart is the amount of chart debuts it has: 5 in total, which explains why so many high-profile titles were kicked off the chart. Below is the full top 10. As always the first number is what the game sold for the week, and the second number is total sold to date.
1. PS2, Capcom: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - 227261 / 227261
2. NDS, Square-Enix: Dragon Quest Monsters Joker - 103706 / 1026700
3. NDS, Sega: Sangokushi Taisen DS - 77229 / 77229
4. NDS, Nintendo: Picross DS - 71794 / 71794
5. NDS, Nintendo: Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - 59379 / 59379
6. WII, Nintendo: Wii Sports - 58886 / 910422
7. NDS, Nintendo: Wario: The Seven - 47350 / 138599
8. WII, Nintendo: Wii Play - 43612 / 808425
9. PS2, Hackberry: Pachinko Winter Sonata - 41411 / 41411
10. NDS, Nintendo: More Brain Age - 34028 / 3902307
Stay posted for the hardware numbers.
2/1/2007 Arnold Katayev