Silent Hill: Downpour Details Begin To Rain Down
Next month's Game Informer will feature a ton of big games, including the new Silent Hill.
And based on recent scans taken from the magazine, Hell Descent has compiled a list of baseline details for all the survival/horror aficionados. Remember, this is in development at newcomer Vatra studios but while they want to implement their own style, they also want to stick to the classic formula. It seems player choice/freedom will be prominent, as "obvious and subtle gameplay choices affect the story," and as you might've guessed from the title - Silent Hill: Downpour - water plays an integral role in the adventure. Here are a few more elements taken from the scans:
- The ability to look over your shoulder and knock down objects to slow enemies returns from Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
- Puzzle difficulty returns
- No weapon inventory
- Combat is similar to the classic titles, but with an Origins-like limited weapon durability
- Damage is indicated by bloody clothes
- Boss battles contain Quick-Time-Events
- Weapon specific paths return from Silent Hill: Homecoming
- The map is very large
- About 10 hour campaign
- Multiple side-quests
We're excited to see how this one turns out, primarily because we're long overdue for a top-quality Silent Hill console iteration. We're also hoping to hear about a release date, and let's not forget that Dead Space has sort of given the genre a big kick in the ass this generation. Resident Evil isn't the only competition out there, anymore...
Related Game(s): Silent Hill: Downpour
1/9/2011 9:24:56 PM Ben Dutka