Gran Turismo 5 Version 1.06 Loaded With Big Updates
Polyphony Digital continues to support Gran Turismo 5 and in some ways, the whole situation reminds us of MAG.
GT5 was a more complete game when it initially launched but in terms of massive new additions, fixes, updates and enhancements, it's indeed similar to the positive progression of Zipper Interactive's ambitious online shooter. Version 1.06 is here for last year's best racer and it's loaded: check out the full rundown over at TheSixthAxis; this new update features everything from Remote Racing (about time!) to using the Course Maker feature in online races. Here's just a snippet of what 1.06 delivers:
Remote Racing – [Remote Races] have been added to the bottom left of the [GT Mode] – [Community] screen. Here you can start a fully automated B-Spec race using yours and your friends’ “My Drivers”, and gain rewards and experience from it. For details please see section 8-4 [Remote Races] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu, and also the new “Remote Race” page on gran-tursimo.com, under the GT5 product information section.
Using the Course Maker in Online Races – You can now use one of the “My Courses” created in [Course Maker] for your online races (in Open Lobby, My Lounge), or select themes and generate courses on the spot. (Please note you’ll only be able to use My Courses created after this update).
Introduction of Performance Points in Online Races – We’ve now introduced Performance Points (PP), a numerical index of a car’s performance for online races. You can set PP restrictions in the online race regulations (in Open Lobby, My Lounge) to limit participating cars. For details, see 6 -15 [Performance Points] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu.
- It is now possible to replay and save [2P Battle] races.
- [Controller Steering Sensitivity] has been added to [Driving Options].
- [Corner Bank Angle] has been added to the section settings in [Course Maker].
- In A-Spec events including endurance races, a confirmation prompt has been added before restarting a race from the beginning.
- In replays, B Spec and while watching races, you can now change viewing targets directly from the screen without having to use a separate window list.
- Personal BGM can now be used when voice chat is disabled in a [Lounge].
But really, click through the link above to see them all; there's lots more. It seems that every time I'm ready to put the game down for good, something like this happens and I just have to check it out again.
Related Game(s): Gran Turismo 5
2/18/2011 10:25:06 AM Ben Dutka