Dead Island Cinema Is "Indicative" Of In-Game Action
While Dead Island might not be "Heavy Rain with zombies," that awesome promotional trailer isn't entirely off base.
After we posted the clarification, Deep Silver Manager of Marketing & PR Aubrey Norris contacted us with some helpful insight: she made it plain that certain aspects of the trailer "are indicative of what the game will be like," and that includes the following list of features:
- Melee combat focus (see: Dad and Mom fighting with melee weapons, axe and knife)
- Brutal, gory damage system (see: scenes with zombie arm getting cut off, blood gushing out of the zombie's neck)
- Varied zombie types (see: two zombie classes are included in the trailer. the vessels (slow, lumbering ones) and the infected (fast, 28 days later type zombies)
- Weapons as situationally appropriate common items vs. over the top impractical items (see: fire axe outside hotel room door, knife from inside the suite)
- The trailer's hotel location was modeled right off of the in-game environment of the hotel
- Emphasis on survival in a more realistic zombie invasion scenario
We knew some of that already - check our preview - but it's good to have these added details, and it's also nice to know that trailer isn't all fiction. As Norris said- "We just wanted to do something a little different than your standard game trailer and convey some of the main game elements in more of an artistic, background story-based manner."
And we're good with that.
Related Game(s): Dead Island
4/1/2011 8:58:10 PM Ben Dutka