Ninja Theory Won't Forget What Makes Devil May Cry Great
Everyone is a little leery about the Devil May Cry reboot and that's mostly because the word "reboot" is involved.
Besides, Capcom has farmed this esteemed franchise out to another developer: Ninja Theory. It's a fully competent team - Heavenly Sword remains a highlight of the generation in our estimation - but can another developer really understand the essence of DMC? Well, maybe you can judge for yourself:
New details have come to light after last week's E3 presentation and it seems that Ninja Theory takes this project very seriously. From more weapons to new foes and abilities, they claim the fans will love it. Here's some more info:
- There will be interactive environments and the world will shift and shape; changing the levels will be a new feature in the game.
- New world, new Dante and new style.
- The director working on the project has worked on all previous Devil May Cry games.
- Ninja Theory respects the DMC brand and wants to innovate the series.
- The new weapons will add an additional layer of depth to the game that will integrate with the combat and puzzle solving.
- Fans of the previous games will be pleasantly surprised at who will be in the game.
Related Game(s): Devil May Cry
6/14/2011 9:36:39 AM Ben Dutka