EEDAR: Mass Effect 3 "Most Promising Retail Title"
E3 2011 is over but the analysts continue to examine the results.
The latest comes from analyst firm EEDAR, as they've compiled a list of the top 20 "Most Promising Retail Titles of E3 2011." The list was compiled based on page views and purchase intent at IGN, and overall media views. And the bottom line is that BioWare's Mass Effect 3 is in the top spot. In response, BioWare Vice President of Marketing Patrick Buechner said:
"We are excited to see that there was such a high level of interest in Mass Effect 3 during E3, especially when you consider how many amazing games were on display at this year's show. The team is making an incredible game that will attract both our loyal fans and players who are new to the franchise, making for a huge event launch at retail in March."
As for the list, games like Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception and Batman: Arkham City just missed the top 5, which is right here:
- 1. Mass Effect 3 - Electronic Arts - BioWare
- 2. Battlefield 3 - Electronic Arts - DICE
- 3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Bethesda Softworks - Bethesda Game Studio
- 4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Activision Blizzard - Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer & Treyarch
- 5. Assassin's Creed Revelations - UbiSoft - UbiSoft Montreal
By the way, Uncharted 3 was the highest ranking exclusive, which ought to say something, and inFamous 2 came in at #10. Multiplats will always rule the sales charts - it's just mathematics, really - but great exclusives get attention, too.
Related Game(s): Mass Effect 3
6/21/2011 10:17:00 AM Ben Dutka