House Of The Dead: OVERKILL Extended Cut Detailed
The combination of House of the Dead and a corny b-movie atmosphere makes perfect sense.
Toss PlayStation Move into the equation and you've got a classic arcade shooter at home. House of the Dead: OVERKILL was announced a little while back, but now the PlayStation 3 benefits have been detailed at the PlayStation Blog.
The Extended Cut will boast 3D and Move functionality and remember, this is the first time a House of the Dead title has arrived on a high-def console. There's also a list of all the features that will be exclusive to to the PS3 game; here's some of 'em:
- Extended with 2 additional levels not featured in the original game
- Exclusive crossbow weapon
- New baby mutant type
- New Hardcore Mode – mutants can only be killed with headshots
- New Classic Mode – play through the entire game using only the AMS Magnum
- Collectibles to grab throughout all levels to unlock bonus materials; comic pages, music tracks, 3D models and 2D artwork
House of the Dead: OVERKILL - Extended Cut will release exclusively on the PS3 in North America on October 25. Now, just because that happens to be the same day as Battlefield 3 doesn't mean anything...I mean, we're talking about two totally different types of shooters. Besides, something like House of the Dead with Move might actually be fun.
Related Game(s): House of the Dead: OVERKILL
7/14/2011 10:33:34 AM Ben Dutka