MW3 Multiplayer Details: Killstreaks, Modes, Weapons
As we told/warned you earlier, the Call of Duty XP weekend would very likely deliver a host of new information for Modern Warfare 3.
And after Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg detailed the premium subscription service for Call of Duty Elite, Infinity Ward boss Robert Bowling stepped up to hand out some crucial - and surprising - multiplayer details.
Some of the more important pieces of information include: Support Killstreaks won't reset when you die, weapons get better the more you use them (reduced sway, kick, recoil, etc.), and a new game mode call Kill Confirm. In this mode, you need to snag dog tags from fallen players in order to get credit for the kill; if an ally dies, you can grab the tag before the assailant and the kill won't count. Here's some more:
- Killstreaks have been replaced with specialist packages (Assault, Support, Specilist)
- Support Killstreaks won’t reset when you die
- Prestige Shop (You choose how you are rewarded for prestiging in the game)
- All emblems you earn in Spec Ops carry over to Multiplayer
- Bouncing Betty type explosive makes it’s return from World At War
- Throwing Knife will make it’s return
- Stealth Bomber is back
- Radio Controlled Machine Gun is confirmed
- A kill streak that intercepts RPG’, Grenade Launchers, etc.
- Concentrated gun on gun gameplay and close quarters combat
- One man army, Shotgun as secondary, Commando and Last Stand have been removed
- With hardline pro, for every 2 assists you get 1 kill
- Team Defender (New game mode)
I don't play CoD online enough to make any informed comments; perhaps some PSXE posters can do it for me. ;) How does this stack up to what we know about the Battlefield 3 multiplayer? Are you happy about the alteration to killstreaks and that RPG-like system where weapons become more effective with use? Also, if you missed it, make sure to check out that MW3 multiplayer world premiere.
Related Game(s): Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
9/3/2011 9:57:01 AM Ben Dutka