DICE Listens To Testers, Fixes Battlefield 3 Bugs
Those participating in the Battlefield 3 multiplayer beta have spotted plenty of issues.
But that's the purpose of a beta; it's a test, after all. It's a chance for developers to fix glaring problems before the game arrives on store shelves, and DICE is already taking strides to fix common BF3 drawbacks.
If you check the updated Battlefield Blog, you can find a list of issues DICE has already fixed. Here are a few of the more significant repairs:
- Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
- Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
- Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
- A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
- Tweaked the Rank progression.
- Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
- Framerate stability fixes.
- Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
- Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
- Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
Click through the link to read the entire list of fixes, and remember to check the Blog for future repairs and updates. DICE isn't about to ignore the negative feedback and remember, they've got over three weeks to ensure a solid, stable multiplayer experience when Battlefield 3 hits on October 25. So don't overreact too much if you perceive a lot of problems with the beta.
Related Game(s): Battlefield 3
10/2/2011 8:41:09 PM John Shepard