Sony Shares Some Big PS4 Stats
Well, another 100 are headed to the PlayStation 4 in 2014. Or so says SCEA boss John Koller, who recently held a State of the Business Address at a PlayStation Media Preview event (as attended by PlayStation LifeStyle).
Koller said over 100 PS4 titles are scheduled for 2014 (an impressive number), and he also provided us with other key stats:
- 1.7 million hours of gaming has been live streamed.
- There’s been 172 million hours of online gaming.
- 34 million hours of gaming are spent per week globally on the PS4.
- 90% of all PS4s in the United States are connected to the internet.
- There are 48 million monthly Shares captured.
- PlayStation Plus memberships have grown over 90% since PS4 launch.
Yes indeed, the PS4 is off to a good start. The most important number, for me, is 100. Over 100 titles in 2014 alone? That's what matters; the games.
2/10/2014 9:50:45 PM Ben Dutka