April NPD: Titanfall Tops Again, PS4 Outsells Xbox One
The next-gen consoles continue to push the industry forward.
The NPD Group has released the US sales tallies for April and for the fourth month in a row, the PlayStation 4 has outsold the Xbox One.
The latter sold 115,000 units and as usual, Sony didn't report hardware numbers. Here's another very interesting factoid:
"Life to date, sales of PS4 and Xbox One hardware have more than doubled the combined sales of facPS3 and 360 hardware through their first six months of sales.vvPS4 software combined with Xbox One software sales are up over 40 percent compared to sales of the PS3 and Xbox 360 through their first six months."
Even so, overall software sales fell 10 percent to $227.9 million as compared to the $254.3 million generated during the same period last year. As for the top ten titles for the month, Titanfall again topped the list:
- Titanfall (360, XBO, PC)
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS4, PS3, XBO, NWU, PC)
- NBA 2K14 (360, PS4, PS3, XBO, PC)
- Minecraft (360)
- LEGO The Hobbit (360, PS3, One, PS4, 3DS, NWU, PSV)
- The LEGO Movie Videogame (360, 3DS, PS3, NWU, XBO, PS4, PSV)
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes (360, PS3, NDS, 3DS, PS4, NWU, XBO, PSV, PC)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (PS4, 360, PS3, NWU, 3DS)
- Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (360, PS3, PS4, XBO, NWU, PC)
I'm willing to bet the PS4 will be tops again in May, but after the Xbox One becomes available for $399 in June, the US race will get much more interesting...
5/15/2014 10:51:48 PM Ben Dutka