Bungie Shares Some Very Large Destiny Alpha Stats
Even though it was only an alpha, developer Bungie must've received plenty of feedback.
According to an update on Bungie's website, nearly 6.5 million games were played during the Destiny alpha test. That's even more impressive considering that it was only available on the PlayStation 4.
They also shared a bunch of other cool statistics, which you can check out here:
- 149,522,313 Primary Weapon Kills
- 21,782,610 Secondary Weapon Kills
- 4,002,737 Heavy Weapon Kills
- 21,687,298 Super Ability Kills
- 2,819,211 Orbs of Light Gathered
- 6,850,773 Control Points Captured in the Crucible
- 1,195 Deathless Medals awarded in the Crucible
- 4,356 Splatters with the Sparrow
- 667,966 Public Events Joined
- 60,491,944 Fallen Dregs Dispatched with Extreme Prejudice
- Too many to count: Guardians served in Dance Parties
- 6,461,871 Player Games Played
We participated in the alpha, too, and came away quite satisfied. Destiny is scheduled to arrive on September 9 and as we learned during Sony's E3 press conference earlier this month, Bungie's hotly anticipated IP will be best enjoyed on the PS4.
Related Game(s): Destiny
6/23/2014 9:29:50 PM Ben Dutka