June NPD: PS4, Watch Dogs Still At #1
Probably not the best news for Microsoft, but great news for Sony.
Even though Xbox One sales "more than doubled" thanks to the price cut on June 9 (removing Kinect dropped the price to $399), Microsoft's console still couldn't manage to outsell the PlayStation 4 in the US during the month of June.
This according to the NPD Group's report, and Sony further confirmed that the PS4 was tops yet again. This is the sixth month in a row that Sony's next-gen machine has been the best-selling system in the US region, and it's important to note that the PS4 was the top platform for physical software as well. The Wii U got a healthy sales spike thanks to the launch of Mario Kart 8; Wii U sales were up 233 percent when compared to June of 2013. Again, though, no exact numbers.
As for software, May's hit title Watch Dogs remained on top, with Mario Kart 8 in the runner-up slot. Here's the Top 10 list but bear in mind that the NPD doesn't count digital sales:
- Watch Dogs (PS4, 360, XBO, PS3, PC) -- Ubisoft
- Mario Kart 8 (NWU) -- Nintendo
- Minecraft (360, PS3) -- Microsoft | Sony
- UFC (PS4, XBO) -- Electronic Arts
- FIFA 14 (PS4, 360, XBO, PS3, PSV) -- Electronic Arts
- NBA 2K14 (360, PS3, PS4, XBO, PC) -- Take 2 Interactive
- Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC) -- Bethesda Softworks
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS4, PS3, XBO, NWU, PC) -- Activision Blizzard
- Tomodachi Life (3DS) -- Nintendo
- Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3) -- Take 2 Interactive
7/17/2014 10:07:31 PM Ben Dutka