The Witcher 3 Free DLC Delayed, But Big Patch Revealed
First, the bad news: Developer CD Projekt Red says we won't get the 16th and final piece of free DLC this week for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
But that's because of the good news, which is that they've been working hard on another huge patch. It's "all hands on deck" to finish launch patch 1.07, as the team explained in a forum post.
In more good news for console fans, CD Projekt Red does intend to release this patch at the same time for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. This update will offer all kinds of fixes and improvements, including the elimination of more annoying bugs. And, we get the player stash we've been wanting! Check it out:
- A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
- A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
- Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
- Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
- Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
- Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned," meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
- Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
- A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes, and general gameplay.
- Various improvements to horse behavior.
That's all appreciated.
Related Game(s): The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
7/6/2015 9:03:29 PM Ben Dutka