5 New Pieces Of Final Fantasy XV Info Gleaned From Gamescom
You've seen the new DAWN trailer but Square Enix didn't stop there.
During their Gamescom 2015 briefing, they unveiled a multitude of fresh Final Fantasy XV details, including story and gameplay info.
Director Hajime Tabata filled us in and here's a breakdown of our favorite points:
1. Everything you saw in that DAWN trailer was taken from in-game footage.
2. Lunafreya (or Luna) will be a very important character; Tabata says: "She's not one of those weak, vulnerable heroines that need protecting. She has her own will and determination, and she has very strong inner strength. She really acts of her own initiative to achieve her goals."
3. We still don't know if airships will be included. Tabata says they're "still looking into it," which tells me the game isn't even remotely closed to finished.
4. The Cross Chain system, which allows Noctis to team up with another party member for joint attacks, won't be the same as what you saw in the Episode Duscae demo. There will be more options for attacks in the final game. Oh, and we're getting yet another demo; Tabata says the team has already finalized the content they plan to include.
5. Tabata claims the villain is going to top all previous villains in the franchise. That includes Sephiroth, Tabata...you're aware of that, right?
Related Game(s): Final Fantasy XV
8/5/2015 9:18:11 PM Ben Dutka