PS4 NewsDel Toro: "Ditching Silent Hills Made "No Fu***** Sense" - PS4 News

Members Login: Register | Why sign up? | Forgot Password?

Del Toro: "Ditching Silent Hills Made "No Fu***** Sense"

After Konami canceled Silent Hills, horror fans were understandably peeved.

After all, Konami had already delivered that decidedly creepy P.T. demo that everyone seemed to love. And yet, the project died.

If you were confused at this turn of events, you might be happy to know that you weren't the only one. Accomplished film director Guillermo del Toro ("Pan's Labyrinth," "Hellboy"), who had been working on the new Silent Hill project with Metal Gear Solid guru Hideo Kojima, was also surprised and disappointed. In speaking to Bloody Disgusting, Del Toro said the game was going to be pretty sweet:

"We had a great experience and had great story sessions with hundreds upon hundreds of designs. Some of the stuff that we were designing for Silent Hills I've seen in games that came after, like The Last of Us, which makes me think we were not wrong, we were going in the right direction, The thing with Kojima and Silent Hills is that I thought we would do a really remarkable game and really go for the jugular."

And why did Konami cancel the project? Del Toro honestly has no idea and in fact, he sounds pretty pissed about it:

"We were hoping to actually create some sort of panic with some of the devices we were talking about and it is really a shame that itís not happening. When you ask about how things operate, that makes no f**king sense at all that that game is not happening. Makes no f**king sense at all."

After Konami axed the game, they said they remained "committed to new Silent Hill titles" but wouldn't give any reason as to why the Del Toro/Kojima project wasn't happening. Well, Konami has sorta been in the gamer doghouse for some time now, and this probably won't help matters.

Tags: silent hills, guillermo del toro, konami, p.t.

10/14/2015 11:08:08 AM Ben Dutka

Put this on your webpage or blog:
Email this to a friend
Follow PSX Extreme on Twitter

Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on Google Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Digg Share on Google Buzz Share via E-Mail Share via Tumblr Share via Posterous




New Comment System


Legacy Comment System (8 posts)


Bio
Wednesday, October 14, 2015 @ 12:14:56 PM
Reply

It probably had everything to do with whatever happened between Konami and Kojima, which if I had to guess has everything to do with money and the direction of the company.

When Konami says they're 'committed to new Silent Hill games' I just assume, because it's Konami, they're talking about Silent Hill pachinko machines. Zero effort, tons of cash.

Agree with this comment 3 up, 0 down Disagree with this comment

Godslim
Wednesday, October 14, 2015 @ 1:02:59 PM

yup was thinking the same probably due to what happened with konami and kojima.

Agree with this comment 0 up, 0 down Disagree with this comment

Dukemz_UK
Wednesday, October 14, 2015 @ 3:44:16 PM
Reply

The last Silent Hill, i.e Book of Memories on the vita, was average to poor.

Agree with this comment 0 up, 0 down Disagree with this comment

Draguss
Wednesday, October 14, 2015 @ 4:18:38 PM
Reply

Of course he has no idea, nobody has any idea. The best we can come up with is that konami are thinking with their sphincters these days.

Agree with this comment 0 up, 0 down Disagree with this comment

MRSUCCESS
Wednesday, October 14, 2015 @ 4:26:31 PM
Reply

Kojima: We need at least 75 million for Silent Hills
Konami: 20 million or no game
Kojima: Then MGS5 is the last game between us
Konami: OK. Get ready for your logo to get removed from the box art and to continue your career somewhere else

>_> ...(fictional convo)

Agree with this comment 0 up, 0 down Disagree with this comment

Bio
Wednesday, October 14, 2015 @ 5:02:05 PM

I have a feeling the beef between Kojima and Konami was about MGS5, and when they terminated their working relationship, they just scrapped everything else he was working on.

Agree with this comment 0 up, 0 down Disagree with this comment

pillz81
Thursday, October 15, 2015 @ 2:51:19 PM
Reply

Truly bummed about this not happening. Haven't bought a SH game since Homecoming. This would have brought me back if Konami let it move forward.
IDK what Kojima would have contributed to the game but I was intrigued with having Del Toro in the mix.

Agree with this comment 0 up, 0 down Disagree with this comment

ricksterj
Sunday, October 18, 2015 @ 12:18:13 PM
Reply

Yeah Konami ride that mobile game train; it'll be a short ride when it derails.

Agree with this comment 0 up, 0 down Disagree with this comment

Leave a Comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

Our Poll

How often do you visit the site?
Once a day
Several times a day
Every few days
Once a week
This is my first visit
I've never been here, even now I am not here

Previous Poll Results