Tactical Action RPG Dragon Fin Soup Graces PS4, PS3, Vita
If the words "tactical action RPG" make you grin, circle this Tuesday on your calendar.
That's when the new fantasy RPG from developer Grimm Bros., Dragon Fin Soup, releases for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and Vita, as announced over at the PlayStation Blog.
Boasting a 2D top-down perspective and "fluid, turn-based movement" that lets you go at your own pace, the game is "half story-driven tactical RPG and half high-stakes roguelike" with a dollop of crass humor to add some flavor. Protagonist Red Robin traverses this procedurally generated world and this main character is no kindly sympathetic individual. Red Robin is a "raging alcoholic bounty hunter who would rather get into a bar fight than deliver baked goods."
Here are some gameplay details and the latest trailer:
- Superfluid turn-based tactical combat
- Raging alcoholic bounty hunter heroine
- Traces of dark majesty from the original Grimm tales
- New procedurally-generated world each time you play
- Mercenaries for hire and awesome pets to collect
- Over 60+ hours of gameplay in Story, Survival, and Labyrinth modes
- Gorgeous 2D world, all created by award winning artist Randis Albion
Related Game(s): Dragon Fin Soup
10/31/2015 11:28:03 AM Ben Dutka