PlayStation Music: 11 Million Downloads, Top 10 In 2015
Early in 2015, PlayStation's Music Unlimited app disappeared and was replaced by anew PlayStation Music app, powered by Spotify.
Now, Sony says the music service is a huge success since its launch on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 last March.
According to a post over at the PlayStation Blog, Spotify is now one of the most downloaded apps in PlayStation history, as the download total is nearing 11 million. So far, users have listened to over 190 million hours and PSN senior vice president Eric Lempel said they're "thrilled to see this level of engagement from the PlayStation community for a music experience all of us here are passionate about."
Sony also listed the top 10 most popular PlayStation Music songs from 2015:
- "679 (feat. Remy Boyz)" — Fetty Wap
- "Know Yourself" — Drake
- "Nasty Freestyle" — T-Wayne
- "See You Again (feat. Charlie Puth)" — Wiz Khalifa
- "Hotline Bling" — Drake
- "Trap Queen" — Fetty Wap
- "Watch Me (Whip / Nae Nae)" — Silentó
- "Post To Be (feat. Chris Brown & Jhene Aiko)" — Omarion
- "B**** Better Have My Money" — Rihanna
- "The Hills" — The Weeknd
I must be old because I don't recognize anything on there, but whatever.
1/8/2016 11:39:40 AM Ben Dutka