DOOM Trophies And An Easter Egg
ID Software's reboot of DOOM is coming, and there is a lot of information available to us about this modern reworking of a shooter classic that even I have played.
First up, the trophy list for the new Doom has been revealed. The trophy names include many references to the game's PC ancestor, such as the IPXSETUP.EXE trophy for winning a multi-player deathmatch.
Perhaps I am showing my age, but I remember playing the shareware release of DOOM on PC over an IPX network for deathmatches. Doom is the grand daddy of them all when it comes to online shooters. Here is the list of trophies, enjoy;
- Thy Flesh Consumed - Earn all Trophies
- Shoot it Until it Dies - Defeat the Cyberdemon
- Outnumbered? No Problem - Defeat the Hell Guards
- Who's Next? - Defeat the Spider Mastermind
- E1M1 - Complete the first mission of the campaign
- Into the Unknown - Warp to Hell
- Knee-Deep in the Dead - Complete the campaign on 'I'm Too Young to Die', 'Hurt Me Plenty', 'Ultra Violence', or 'Nightmare'.
- A Toe into Madness - Complete The UAC on Ultra-Nightmare
- Up Close and Personal - Kill 50 enemies using the Chainsaw
- Specialist - Earn the Mastery for a weapon mod
- IDKFA - Earn the Masteries for all weapon mods
- Hot Swapper - Acquire all weapon mods
- Historian - Find all Data Logs
- Timing is Everything - Use explosive barrels to kill 100 enemies
- Every Nook and Cranny - Find all Collectibles
- Argent Overload - Fully upgrade Health, Armor, or Ammo capacity
- Argent Fiend - Fully upgrade Health, Armor, and Ammo capacity on a single campaign run.
- A Gift from Beyond - Earn a Rune
- The Circle is Complete - Earn all Runes
- Tinkering - Fully upgrade a Praetor Suit category.
- Overclocked- Fully upgrade all Praetor Suit categories on a single campaign run.
- Thorough Shopper- Complete all Challenges for a single mission.
- Butcher- Perform 200 Glory Kills
- Rip and Tear- Glory Kill all common enemy types in the campaign.
- Juicin' it up- Kill 150 enemies while using Power Ups
- Momentum Shift- Upgrade a Rune
- IDDQD- Upgrade all Runes
- What Else Ya Got?- Complete all Mission Challenges
- IPXSETUP.EXE- Win a Multiplayer match
- Combat tested, Doomguy approved - Reach Level 5 in Multiplayer
- An Old Friend- Acquire the BFG
- Shareware- Create and publish a SnapMap
- No Rest for the Living- Play 5 published SnapMaps
- Entryway- Complete the SnapMap Basic and Advanced Tutorials
But, that's not all. the Doom reboot comes complete with at least one 'Easter Egg'. The game includes the original Doom levels hidden inside the game. check out the video, the reveal happens at about 1:30. Of course this is Doom, so if at work, use headphones.
Last, but not least, have you ever wondered why the game is called Doom? Here's how John Carmack explains it;
There is a scene in 'The Color of Money' where Tom Cruise shows up at a pool hall with a custom pool cue in a case. 'What do you have in there?' asks someone. 'Doom.' replied Cruise with a cocky grin. That, and the resulting carnage, was how I viewed us springing the game on the industry.
Doom's reboot is available from May 13. Well, I've just got to say it....we're alll DOOMED!!
Related Game(s): Doom
5/3/2016 11:37:23 AM Gordon Turner