BioShock Remastered Collection Confirmed For PS4, Xbox One, And PC
Last March, I've posted an article about the Bioshock collection that was spotted on a game website. It was a rumor back then, but now it has been confirmed. 2K has officially announced BioShock: The Collection, headed to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC for $59.99 in North America on September 13, Australia on September 15, and internationally on September 16.
BioShock: The Collection includes all three games and all of the DLC released for them. Additionally, it will include a director's commentary feature called Imagining BioShock, with director Ken Levine and lead artist Shawn Roberston. The remastered version of BioShock 2 will not include the multiplayer. It's worth noting that the PC version of BioShock: Infinite included in the collection "is not being remastered because it already meets current-gen console standards and runs smoothly on high visual settings." You can check out the bundled content for BioShock: The Collection below:
- The video series, “Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock,” featuring Ken Levine, creative director on BioShock and BioShock Infinite and Shawn Robertson, animation lead on BioShock and animation director on BioShock Infinite.
- Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Walk through a Rapture-inspired virtual museum that gives you a behind-the-scenes look at discarded concepts that never made it into the original game.
- Challenge Rooms: Outside the story of BioShock, tackle puzzles, splicers and Big Daddies. And achievements, of course.
BioShock 2 (**Multiplayer will not be included)
- Minerva’s Den: A self-contained BioShock story, presenting a side of Rapture you've never seen before. Use expanded combat abilities with the experimental Ion Laser and chaotic Gravity Well Plasmid, unique to Minerva's Den, as you face off against the Lancer Big Daddy.
- Protector Trials: Take control of an Alpha Series Big Daddy woken out of hibernation just before the events of BioShock 2.
- Burial at Sea - Episode 1 & 2 Add-On Packs: This major two-part DLC pack completes the BioShock trilogy by taking the series back to where it all began. Return to Rapture just before the events of the original BioShock!
- Clash in the Clouds Add-On Pack: Face 60 waves of challenges across four additional maps for leaderboard glory and unlock areas to explore in The Columbian Archaeological Society hub museum.
- Columbia's Finest Pack: Combines the contents of the Industrial Revolution Pack and the Upgrade Pack and includes 500 Silver Eagles, five Lock Picks, six unique Gear items, and two weapon upgrades: Comstock’s China Broom Shotgun and Comstock’s Eagle Eye Sniper Rifle.
In short, BioShock: The Collection offers more than $100 of content remastered for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and digital PC for only $59.99. This is a great steal for players who haven't played any of the Bioshock games. The compilation is being developed by Blind Squirrel Games, which collaborated with Irrational Games on the development on the original release of BioShock Infinite.
You can check out the first footage from BioShock: The Collection in the trailer below. I'm kinda tempted to buy this Bioshock Collection when it comes out, even though I've already played all the Bioshock games, but I need to save money to buy the upcoming games that will be released on the holidays. I'll just probably sell some of my old games to get some money to buy this collection. How about you guys? Will you be buying the Bioshock Collection when it comes out?
Related Game(s): Bioshock games
6/30/2016 10:15:01 PM Drew Constantino