PSM3 Offers Up New Batch Of Rumors
The most recent set of popular rumors has arrived courtesy of the latest PSM3 magazine (and listed out over at the GameTrailers forums). We won't attempt to break down the plausibility of every listed rumor, here, but we will tell ya if we want to see it. Check them out:
1. First of all, we've heard several industry analysts predict that we'll see Grand Theft Auto V some time in 2010. But beyond that, and not surprisingly, we don't have any further details at this time. The only rumor that is currently of interest centers on the possible location: it seems we may be returning to the scene of the crime in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Now, we don't know if we'll be in Vice City in that '80s setting, or a more modern setting, but either way, it's an interesting idea. Honestly, though, we prefer a whole new city.
2. Prince of Persia creator and rights holder Jordan Mechner has officially filed for the trademark, "Prince of Persia Prodigy." What this is for remains up in the air, but it could be for the upcoming feature film. Or, it may be the new name for the recently unveiled Prince of Persia for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. We think it's for the movie, but you never know.
3. LittleBigPlanet could find its way to the PSP and if it does, expect connectivity with the PS3 version. It certainly sounds somewhat plausible, but for now, we're not buying it. We need more evidence of this one.
4. The PixelJunk Eden website shows an updated fact sheet with "Trophy Support," which is only further indication that Trophies are indeed on the way. This isn't really a rumor, though, as Sony confirmed they would arrive at some point (most likely with the update that gives us the in-game XMB).
5. This is another one we've heard before, but it's good to see it again: a while back, Hideo Kojima hinted that his next project might be a new Zone of the Enders, and this PSM3 rumor just repeats that sentiment. Cross your fingers!
6. Rock Band 2 is in development, and apparently, the new Guitar Hero will boast a song from "one of the world's biggest pop stars," plus a celebrity that might be the game's final boss.
Well, there you have it. Discuss at will.
5/31/2008 Ben Dutka