Obscure II Goes Portable On PSP
You may have missed Obscure II when it released for the PS2, Wii and PC a couple years ago, but Playlogic is giving PSP owners a chance to experience the unique, creepy experience while on the go.
As announced over at the publisher's official site, this remake, specifically tailor-made for Sony's portable unit, will feature a new co-op mode and "fully optimized controls for the PSP." If you're not familiar, Obscure II is is a sequel to the original title (duh), and it involves a group of students who attend Fallcreek University. Some of them had already survived the scarring, terrifying experience at Leafmore High School a few years back, and again, something just ain't right in college. It may sound a bit like a cheesy '80s horror movie, but these games always did have a certain amount of freaky-ness. Here are the listed features for this new PSP iteration:
- Adventure and Action in a teem horror movie scenario
- 6 charismatic characters with unique skills
- Unique coop mode: second player can join in at any time
- Highly detailed and rich 3D environment
- Find clues and solve various rddles and mysteries
- Vast variety of weapons and horrifying monsters
- Stunning Soundtrack performed by the Boston String Quartet and the Paris Opera's children's choir
Also, feel free to view the PSP-specific highlights at the previous link. This is one game that should appeal to all you survival/horror fans who often need some entertainment while on the move; just don't do something silly and try to play Obscure II while you're driving down the road. ...pretty sure it's illegal and even if it's not, it's pretty damn stupid. But if you're bored on the commuter train or the bus or something, crack it out!
Related Game(s): Obscure II
4/14/2009 Ben Dutka