Capcom Announces Darkstalkers Chronicle
Longtime readers will recognize the game as the English-language version of Vampire Chronicle: The Chaos Tower, which shipped alongside the PSP in Japan this past December. Feel free to check out our preview of that game and associated screenshots by clicking here.
Darkstalkers Chronicle contains 18 characters drawn from all five installments of the Darkstalkers (a.k.a Night Warriors) franchise.
- 18 playable characters.
- Two selectable screen settings - Change the size ratio of the screen at anytime by choosing either normal or wide resolutions.
- Two distinct control configurations.
Five modes of gameplay:
- Arcade - Defeat numerous CPU-controlled characters to reach the final boss
- Training - Practice various moves and combos to perfect fighting skills
- Network - Engage in network battle using a wireless LAN and select between two different types of modes
- Versus - Two-player competitive matches where players can adjust the handicap and select different stages
- Limit Battle - Both fighters will be randomly assigned a handicap, forcing them to strategize their moves in order to claim victory
- Tower - A survival-style mode that lets gamers pick a team of three who will journey to the top of a mysterious tower and defeat the enemies they encounter through a multi-path tournament. Advancement and winning conditions will change depending on performance during each clash which in turn affects Chronicle mode
- Chronicle - Progressing through Tower mode will reveal a cache of items in Chronicle Mode which house a collection of unlockable bonus features including original artwork, sound and movie galleries.
1/5/2005 Frank Provo