World Championship Poker 2 Announced
As the game's title suggests, Crave has signed up a number of poker professionals to populate the game. Howard Lederer, also known as "The Professor," leads the pack. Joining him are Greg "Fossilman" Raymer, Clonie Gowen, Amir Vahidi, Paul Darden, Robert Williamson III, Matt Savage, and Annie Duke. The company expects to sign additional pros in the coming months.
Features of WCP2 include:
- 14 types of poker, including Texas Hold'em, Five Card Draw, Seven Card Stud and Pineapple
- Different levels of simulation - "Real Deal" for the more experienced card shark and "Power Play" for the casual players
- Active tell and bluff systems.
- Third-person "TV" mode (including the popular in-bumper "card cam") or first-person mode to watch human and computer opponents more closely for signs of tells and bluffs
- RPG-like upgradeable skill system
- Play with the pros - in game character likenesses, as well as play styles and iconic signature personality traits of some of the world's top poker players
- Detailed character customization feature - really put yourself in the game
- More attitude - truly colorful color commentary including player controlled taunts, bluffs and tells
- Poker tutorials, as well as hints and tips on strategy
- Dynamic one player game - upgrade your pad and host online tournaments.
- Hock your stuff if you're desperate for funds for the next tournament
Exclusive to the PlayStation 2 version of World Championship Poker 2 is support for the EyeToy USB Camera, which allows online opponents to see each other as they play, in addition to supporting text chat.
World Championship Poker 2: Featuring Howard Lederer will be available for the PlayStation 2 this coming Fall with an MSRP of $19.99.
This is great news for poker fans, especially if Crave manages to implement a realistic system of reads and tells. That, along with real players and online play, will make this one heck of a bargain at twenty dollars.
5/10/2005 Frank Provo