iGames Expo 2004 Announced
If you've always wanted to check out E3 but you live on the east coast and can't get there, then you might want to check out the iGames Expo 2004, a 3-day games extravaganza which will take place September 10-12, 2004, at The Hammerstein Ballroom.
Both a tradeshow and a tournament event open to the public, iGames Expo will showcase today’s top gamers, game publishers, manufacturers, suppliers, and will be attended by the iGames membership. iGames Expo will take place at one of New York’s hottest music venues and will be a nonstop celebration of the gamers lifestyle – the most explosive trend in entertainment today.
Highlights of iGames Expo 2004 will include:
• The iGames Partnership Expo – The Expo will be the East Coast’s largest showcase of new products this year, brought to you by iGames’ corporate partners and others, including nVidia, Reptilian Systems and Chaintech.
• iGames International Tournaments – These championship tournaments, to be broadcast on festival-size screens throughout the venue, will pit North’s America’s best gamers against each other in a heated arena competition for cash, prizes and glory. The competition will be PC based, and will boast such games as Unreal Tournament 2004, Battlefield Vietnam and Call of Duty.
• The iGames LAN Party – The iGames LAN Party, one of the largest BYOC (“Bring Your Own Computer”) events ever created for amateur players, will feature special competitions sponsored by Sapphire Technologies, NC Soft and Arena.net, maker of Legend and Guild Wars.
• More Great Events, More Great Prizes – Other great things happening at iGames Expo 2004 will include the Kodak Challenge Tournament and the XTournament, an Xbox tournament for $10,000 in cash and prizes sponsored by NYKO Technologies, makers of the Wireless NETEXTENDER™. In addition, there will also be special demonstration events by top game teams, including the legendary Team3D.
• The iGames Reptilian™ Sweepstakes – The first 500 gamers to register for the iGames LAN Party will be entered into a special drawing to win a brand-new, top-of-the-line game system from Reptilian Systems.
For both hardcore gamers and general games enthusiasts, iGames Expo 2004 will also be an excellent opportunity to sample the latest and greatest games and gear. According to Victor Starsia, President of EGA, “We’re expecting participation from all the top publishers and equipment makers. The response has been overwhelming. We’re lining up new sponsors and exhibitors every day.”
Mark Nielsen, Executive Director of iGames, added, “Game center owners and their customers are expected to be out in force as well. If our mailing list of over 70,000 gamers is any indication, we’re going to have an incredible turnout. iGames Expo will be an excellent opportunity to network and experience first-hand the personalities and products that are driving the incredible growth of the games industry.”
6/28/2004 Aaron Thomas