New Metal Gear Solid for PSP in 2007
Kojima revealed a few key details about the game, which will apparently ship sometime in 2007 to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the first Metal Gear Solid.
- Story takes place in 1970 and links to MGS3 and MGS4.
- Big Boss and Naked Snake are main characters.
- Third-person action game.
- Control multiple troops in battle (squad-based play).
- When ally soldiers die, they are gone for good.
- WiFi battle mode.
- Some sort of link option with Metal Gear Solid 4
Unfortunately, it looks like the game isn't far enough along for the company to present it during the Electronic Entertainment Expo next week, so we'll have to be patient for a few months until Konami reveals more info and unleashes the first screens of the game.
5/6/2006 Frank Provo