Ace Combat X Multiplayer Details
The single-player campaign for Ace Combat X looks to be shaping up quite
nicely, so NamcoBandai is taking care of the game's multiplayer mode, which
appears to be pretty robust as well. I will allow four players to battle in five
different modes. You'll also be able to choose from more than 50 flight patterns
including: team battle and battle royale, maps, time limit, winning conditions,
aircraft, weapon strength and amount of ammunition, handicap and more.
Below are some details on the five multiplayer modes for Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception:
- In Air Battles: Head-to-head battle with other players. Choose from Survival and Shootout modes and determine who has the best flight technique.
- Base Attacking Battles: Capture the enemyís base before they get yours.
- Air Superiority Battle: Fly in a certain area that is surrounded by lights to compete for time. (Think king of the hill)
- Data Beacon Battle: Capture a beacon from an enemy base to your base earlier than an enemy team and win.
- Ground Troops/Naval Air Squadron Escort Battle: Blow up an enemy while securing an advance of allied troops and let them reach an enemy base as fast as you can.
Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception will take flight this Fall 2006 when it hits retailers nationwide.
6/29/2006 Aaron Thomas